Saturday, February 5, 2011

You Put Spinach in Your Smoothie?!

This is the reaction I get whenever I share my new obsession with people.

The answer is yes! You don't taste it at all, it provides a nice green coloring (MY favorite color :) ), and is a great way to sneak in some veggies!

Everyday Smoothie
inspired by: Green Monster Movement
I call this my everyday smoothie because it is the base that I use. Call it a jumping off point! It is fabulous just like this but then you can get creative with additions.


  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweet)
  • 2 handfuls of spinach, dont be shy!
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • half a frozen banana
  • 4 ice cubes
Blend, Blend, Blend and Voila!

War Eagle ;)

Some of my favorite additions: 
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen raspberries
  • peanut flour
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin (again you can't taste it!)
  • coco powder

Today I topped mine with some chocolate covered sunflower seeds. A gift from my friend Jenny!

Bon Appetit!

Amy K.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog!

    HUGE fan of spinach in smoothies! yummmm.

    I taught my students a "Deceptively Delicious" recipe last week called health by chocolate cookies- we added pureed blueberries and spinach into the batter and they could not taste the spinach at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE spinach in my smoothie!! and i love the new blog gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying this!!! I haven't yet, but the peanut flour was awesome!

    ReplyDelete